08 January 2014

2014? When'd you sneak up?

It's been 3.5 months since I last blogged. If I had come back and written something all the times I had had an idle thought about blogging I'm sure you may have gotten one post per day.

At least.

Back in November I realized that I should pick a word for 2014, but I didn't. In December I thought it again. Many many many times. But now that 2014 is here, it's still yet to be word-ed. Maybe if I just start telling you about what's kept me from blogging, a word for the year will come to mind. Then again, that may also lead to a word like "overwhelmed" or "busy". Neither of them feel very nice to start off a new year...

Well, let's see. At the end of my last post I hinted and more big things that were happening in my life, and while the job change that I was talking about then has happened and I want to tell you more about that, I should probably fill my blog in on my boyfriend! So, back in March I went on this blind date and I wasn't expecting anything of it - it was a blind date, after all - but we really hit it off, and although we're currently in the pain of having to do this relationship at a rather long distance (read 1,000 miles) I'm in love. I have found this person who in many ways is just as strange as I am, and I love him and all of his unique aspects - both those that coincide with mine, and those that compliment and differ from mine. I miss him so much right now (1,000mi ain't easy) but I'm enjoying getting to know him more and sharing life with him. For fear of gushing all over the internet I'll stop there, but I couldn't update my blog and not include him. He has been a silent part of several of the posts because he was on my mind while writing them. (He was the kind friend who let me use him as a "scapegoat boyfriend" when the creepers started showing up - see the blog titled "interrupting the regularly scheduled blog series for a bewildered post" for that one)

In September when I posted about being back in California for 1 year I also mentioned that I was headed towards working a sort of dream job. That dream job has started. And despite the fact that I have been run ragged by it, it forces me to keep impossible hours, and it may drive me insane. It's also a source of great joy and I know it will stretch and grow me in amazing ways. I have also seen God's hand at work through it in my life already. So you know, we've only been open for about 2.5 weeks. Mostly that feels like an eternity, though, right now. There's ALWAYS so much more left to be done. More emails to write, more calls to make, more training to do, more researching to do, actually this reminds me. I need to go email someone about getting some more supplies. I'll be right back...

Ok, that's done now.

Aside from running a coffee shop and managing a staff of 5, life has been crazy. I'm still recovering from what I'm calling the plague. It had me down-and-out for 3 days. And it came on just days after my bathroom mirror (in retaliation of me cleaning it) decided to bite a small chunk (or what I've been referring to as "zest" - like zesting a citrus fruit) of Janelle out of 2 fingers on my right hand! Fortunately they're healing quickly, and well, I'm left handed. However, typing with 8 fingers is weird/difficult. Just sayin'.

I should probably post this now and get some sleep. But I still haven't quite figured out what the word for this year is going to be. I'll let you know when I figure it out, I guess. And I hope I'll be back sooner rather than later to let you know.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment