26 June 2013

the breeze in a closed room

Another door has shut. And windows or other doors don't necessarily seem to be opening, but still there's a breeze in the room that I know has to be coming from somewhere. A breeze that feels like the next thing, just around the corner?

That's what it feels like today. I just found out that I didn't get the job as advisor with Across the Pond, and I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be. Yes, another door closing is frustrating, especially when I'd been so excited about this possibility; something that seemed to fit me so well! But today instead of feeling sad about losing this opportunity I'm leaning into trust. Learning once again, what that looks like. Feeling a little like, I imagine, Paul did when on that second missionary journey he and his team didn't go into Asia - which oddly enough was what this last week's message at church was on. Funny how God does things like that. My journal during response time was filled with "Not my will, but Yours". If I'm honest, it started to feel like/look like the chalk board that gets filled by the lesson the teacher wants the misbehaving student to have sink in.

Like I said, amazingly enough, I'm not bereft today. Which is only because of God's presence in this. So today I'm trying to follow the breeze that's made it into my waiting room that's seemingly without windows or doors, and I'm excited about where it will lead; and about leaning into the waiting in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment